Fatherly, the essential lifestyle guide for young parents, has an immediate opening for a full-time Sales Position in its New York headquarters.
The ideal candidate will pursue national brand advertisers and has consultative digital sales experience, specifically with content marketing programs, and a proven track record of acquiring new business, building and growing client relationships, and developing creative, multi- platform campaigns that go way beyond the banner ad.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across several Men’s Lifestyle and Parenting Categories (e.g., CPG, Automotive, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Travel and Entertainment)
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies
- Serve as an ambassador for the Fatherly brand who can clearly articulate our value proposition to the market
- Create advertiser solutions, advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Be creative in generating new ideas and materials for advertisers
- Work directly with the CEO to generate proposals, strategy and a framework for rapid acceleration of a sales infrastructure
- Work with the Editorial Director on creative brainstorms
- Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized solutions from all the results. Provide on-going reporting and feedback to CEO
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals and objectives and maximize all media and content marketing growth opportunities for Fatherly
- Entrepreneurial self-starter w/ experience selling lifestyle brands for a digital media company required; experience selling to male or parenting audience preferred
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Has experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. newsletter, website, events)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in- person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
- At least 5 years of digital ad sales experience
- BA/BS required